Friday, November 21, 2008


Sooo I'm pulling together my application, my essay, and my 3 recommendation letters from my teachers and I'm sending it all to UMASS Lowell. It's the college i've wanted to go to since last year. It's a great college, has a great english department. I'm looking to go in Undecalred Liberal Arts and minor in Legal Studies or Criminal Justice. My main goal is I want to be an Editor or a Lawyer. Either one I think I will be set for life. It's pretty scary thinking about my life being pulled all together like this, I mean I have my dad that's been pushing me to go to a good college for as long as I could remember, and I know (without meaning to) he has high expectations for me and wants me to be the best of the best. I have a supporting mother who says "we'll just take what we can and work on being the best later." If I do get accepted, I will be shocked. My SAT scores are 1080 and UMASS Lowell's initial requirement is a 1090, Ten More Fricken Points! I'm hoping they'll make an exception for me. My essay is about how my environment has affected me to be the person who I am today. I am basing the essay off how my parents teaching's have helped me shape myself into being a good person, with understanding and to always be friendly. When I'm done with the essay I'll post it on here.My english teacher and I are working on it right now, tweaking everything out making every sentence perfect. This essay needs to be powerful, and perfect. THEY NEED TO ACCEPT ME! not saying I don't love living with my mother, but you know I'm counting down the days until I can see that letter that say "Katie, we are glad to say you have been accepted to UMASS Lowell, because clearly, Your Amazing!" yeah right..

Thanksgiving is coming up and I'm more than excited because I think i'm going to my schools rivalry football game which is always exciting in its self. and then I get to show off my new baking skills to everyone and anyone that'll pay attention to me. Then I ignore every question that begins with this "What are you doing after highschool..." "Have any plans for the future..." "What do you wanna be...." "Are you excited....." Don't mind me if I just walk away and bang my head through the wall. Anyone else found those questions to be quite annoying your senior year?

No comments: